Brink Commerce API Overview
The Brink Commerce API is built on the MACH principles, which emphasize microservices for modular development, an API-first approach for seamless integrations, cloud-native deployment for scalability, and headless commerce for front-end independence.
The Three Domains of Brink Commerce API
The Management API serves as the central hub for machine-to-machine integrations, catering to systems such as ERP and PIM. This domain encompasses essential services such as:
- Store: Facilitates the integration of store information.
- Tax: Manages taxation details.
- Product: Handles product information and management.
- Price: Enables dynamic pricing strategies.
- Inventory: Manages stock and inventory data.
- Discount: Enables the application of various discount types.
The Shopper API is designed to cater to front-end integrations, irrespective of the technology stack. It aligns perfectly with the JAMstack architecture, enabling web apps to interact with Brink Commerce. Key functionalities of the Shopper API include:
- Session Management: Creating and managing user sessions for personalized experiences.
- Cart Operations: Building and managing shopping carts.
- Checkout Process: Enabling smooth and intuitive checkout experiences.
- Provider Endpoints: Providing endpoints for payment, shipping, and more.
Order Management API
The Order Management API enables client integrations serving systems like ERP, WMS, OMS, and CRM. This domain facilitates:
- Order Fulfillment: Ensuring efficient order processing and fulfillment.
- Communication: Enabling effective CRM communications for enhanced customer relationships.
- Integration: Integrating with back-end systems for a unified workflow.
Serverless Architecture and Event Subscriptions
The Brink Commerce API is built entirely on serverless technology, ensuring auto-scalability, cost-effectiveness, and rapid deployment. Moreover, merchants can subscribe to events via EventBridge and Webhooks, allowing real-time updates to the Brink Commerce ecosystem changes.